.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

BK Squeeze - for Brooklyn Real Estate Buyers

We want that Brooklyn housing bubble to pop!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Gettin' outta Dodge!

Hi folks. It has been a looong time since my last post. I have been busy moving and quite frankly the angst has just plain worn away. I have left Brooklyn and other than my Moms in Carroll Gardens, there is little else tying me to the boro.

I have moved to Suffolk County with my inlaws, Mrs. Squeeze, Baby Squeeze, and #2 in utero. We are in a four BR split level ranch with a nice backyard in a (relatively) quiet cul-de-sac. We renovated two rooms (new paint and other touches) to make baby squeeze and us feel more at home. Most of our stuff we dumped into a local storage space ($125/mth!). So now we are soaking up the sun under the willow tree in the yard and socking away $2500 a month.

And you know the funny thing is that I don't miss Brooklyn at all. Change is sometimes a good thing! The only thing that is a drag is the commute. Hour and a half. I bring lots a reading material but sometimes run out. The conductor's chants I've got memorized (5:21 train to Babylon, change at Jamaica for the train to Hempstead, change at Babylon for the train to Speonk, stopping at Bay Shore, Islip,...)

All in all, I am happy and no longer driven to blog. Anyone else want to take over being the resident Brooklyn Real Estate contrarian, feel free to let me know and I will pass this onto them.

10 Comments:

At 6/28/2005 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You plan on buying a place out there?

 
At 6/28/2005 10:34 PM, Blogger Grunt said...

Take care BK. Best of luck to you and your family. I think you are doing the best thing. Here is my entry
http://propertygrunt.blogspot.com/2005/06/hello-kelly-goodbye-bk-squeeze.html

 
At 7/02/2005 10:40 AM, Blogger Van Housing Blogger said...

Good luck, Squeeze family. I enjoyed your posts. Looks like things in Boston and San Diego have started to turn - maybe NYC will be next.

 
At 7/12/2005 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE BIGGEST LOSER EVER! DONT EVER COME BACK MAN...

 
At 7/14/2005 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My my, Mr Anon. Don't we have an ax to grind. I am guessing you are some poor broker who can't make a sale.

 
At 7/26/2005 12:29 PM, Blogger Madame X said...

Oh no, found your blog too late!
10 Ways to Burst the Real Estate Bubble

 
At 8/01/2005 2:44 PM, Anonymous BigBubba said...

Goodbye Mr. Squeeze,

As much as we may not have seen eye to eye, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog and it will be sorely missed. You represented an important POV.

Although your situation in some ways is disheartening, I actually think it reveals the efficiency of the r.e. market mechanism. Basically, you were unwilling to compromise on certain critical issues such as space, nabe, etc. in order to buy in NYC. So, now you are in the burbs and discovering, it's not such a terrible place after all. For some folks (like myself), a 1 1/2 hour commute would be nearly intolerable - not at all worth the trade-off (And wait until the dead of winter when the track signals freeze up, then let me know how you feel about the commute time.) But, for you clearly this is a fair trade-off for all the other quality of life gains.

At any rate, this is a debate that is done for now - at least as far as you're concerned.

Good luck in future and all the best to you and your family.

 
At 8/02/2005 10:57 AM, Blogger Mr. Squeeze said...

Thanks BB.

Madame X, good luck on your blog. Your heart (and wallet) is in the right place. I also love that list of things to do to force the bubble!.

 
At 8/31/2010 9:31 PM, Blogger christopher said...

Hi! you write well. Your experience are also enlightening and inspiring. Thanks for posting. I though I was the only only who is experiencing the same thing. Just make sure to ask around for help.



Real Estate Buyers Agent

 
At 7/25/2011 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

I read this post 2 times. It is very useful.

Pls try to keep posting.

Let me show other source that may be good for community.

Source: Real estate investor checklist

Best regards
Jonathan.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home